Follow these steps I’ve outlined below to create your own blazing fast CDN.
A content delivery network, or content distribution network is a geographically distributed network of proxy servers and their data centers.
The goal is to distribute service spatially relative to end-users to provide high availability and high performance.
In other words, CDN’s improve site speed and reduce bandwith on tour server, increasing the performance of your website.
Test my newly created link below. Speed Kills.
To setup your Content delivery network, you must first create a free account with Cloudinary.
- Go to Cloudinary.com.
- Sign up for your free account.
- Locate your dashboard.
- Open your preferred text editor (Atom, Visual Studio Code, Sublime text).
- Create a new .css file in your desired text editor (I recommend minifying your CSS).
- Navigate to the Media Library tab within Cloudinary.
- Upload your new .css file.
- Copy the URL of your new .css file (i.e., https://res.cloudinary.com/ux-ui-technologies/raw/upload/v1543467854/omahacode.min.css)
- Insert your new CDN url in the top ‘head’ area of your website
After you’ve created an account, you’ll be able to view your Cloudinary dashboard.
Now that you’ve create a new .css or .js file with your favorite text editor, upload the new file into Cloudinary.
Now, Select the link icon and copy this to add as a stylesheet.
Insert the url within the
Section as a Stylesheet
Add the new url as a stylesheet:
Omaha Code Loads in under 2.5 seconds
View how fast OmahaCode.com loads.
Follow Us on Twitter
— Omaha Code (@OmahaCode) November 29, 2018
Cloudinary Media Developer Expert
Media Developer Experts will leverage the Cloudinary platform to foster a community of media-management professionals; receive training and certifications to become experts within their field or audience; advance the state of media management, adoption, and best practices; and make the web more accessible.